바로가기 메뉴

Introduction to Pyeongtaek

History

  • Introduction to Pyeongtaek
  • General Information
  • History

Old Stone Age-Joseon Dynasty period

In the mobile environment, you can see the contents by moving left and right.

This table shows the information about the headline above the table.
In around year 100 (three countries of Korea) Named as Yeondalbugok
In 475 (63rd year of Jangsu of Gogoryeo) Named as Busan-hyeon
In 757 (16th year of Gyeongdeok of Silla) Named as Jinwi-hyeon
In940 (23rd year of Taejo of Goryeo) Jinwui-hyeon included in Sujuimnae, then named as Pyeongtaek-hyeon

1910 ~ 1960

In the mobile environment, you can see the contents by moving left and right.

This table shows the information about the headline above the table.
March 1, 1914
  • Part of Suwon-gun, Gyeonggi-do, merged with Jinwi-gun, Gyeonggi-do according to Ministerial Decree 111
  • Changed the name of Songtan-myeon, Jinwi-gun merged with part of Masan-myeon, Iltan-myeon, Singoni-myeong, Songjang-myeon
April 1, 1926 Byeongnam-myeon, Jinwi-gun changed to Pyeongtaek-myeon (currently six dongs in South Pyeongtaek) according to Provincial Ordinance 7
 October 1, 1938
  • Changed the name of Jinwi-gun to Pyeongtaek-gun according to Ministerial Ordinance 196 (proclaimed on September 27, 1938)
  • Changed the whole area of Pyeongtaek-myeon, Pyeongtaek-gun to Pyeongtaek-eup according to Ministerial Ordinance 197
 June 15, 1962 Sinjang Branch of Songtan-myeon established according to Pyeongtaek-gun Ordinance 25 (proclaimed on June 15, 1962)
 January 1, 1963 Songtan-myeon escalated to Songtan-eup (three eup and eight myeon) from Songtan-myeon according to Law 1177 (proclaimed on November 21, 1962)

1970 ~ 1980

In the mobile environment, you can see the contents by moving left and right.

This table shows the information about the headline above the table.
September 1, 1972 Anjeong Branch of Pyeongtaek-gun established according to Pyeongtaek-gun Ordinance 330 (proclaimed on September 1, 1972)
 May 1, 1979 Paengseong-myeon escalated to Paengseong-eup (three eup and seven myeon) according to Presidential Creed 9409 (proclaimed on April 7, 1979); Pyeongtaek-eup changed to four divisions and four branches according to Pyeongtaek-gun Ordinance 615 (proclaimed on April 28, 1979)
 February 11, 1980 Anjeong Branch of Pyeongtaek-gun changed to Paengseong-eup Branch of Pyeongtaek-gun according to Pyeongtaek-gun Ordinance 647 (proclaimed on February 11, 1980)
 July 1, 1981 Songtan-eup separated and escalated to si (city) according to Law 3425 (proclaimed on April 13, 1981)
 February 15, 1983 Wongok-myeon, Yongi-ri, Jukbaek-ri, Cheongyong-ri, Wolgok-ri, and Sosa-ri of Anseong-gun introduced to Pyeongtaek-eup, part of Jinmok-ri, Namsa-myeon of Yongin-gun and part of Bongmyeong-ri introduced to Jinwi-myeon according to Presidential Creed 11027 (proclaimed on January 10, 1983)
 January 1, 1986 Pyeongtaek-eup, Pyeongtaek-gun, elevated to Pyeongtaek-si (with 2 centers, 11 divisions, 40 team, 6 dongs) according to Law 3798 (proclaimed on December 28, 1985)
November 18, 1986 Relocated Songtan City Hall building to Seojeong-dong (street number 800) according to the Songtan-si Ordinance (proclaimed on November 13, 1986)
 January 1, 1987 Goreom-ri, Yanggam-myeon, Hwaseong-gun, introduced to Cheongbuk-myeon, Pyeongtaek, and part of Jeokbong-ri, Seotan-myeon, Pyeongtaek-gul, introduced to Seojeong-dong, Songtan-si, according to Presidential Creed 12007 (proclaimed on December 23, 1986)
 April 1, 1989 Anjung Branch of Pyeongtaek-gun elevated to Anjung-myeon (one eup and eight myeon) according to Pyeongtaek-gun Ordinance 1220 (declared on March 31, 1989)

1990 ~ 1999

In the mobile environment, you can see the contents by moving left and right.

This table shows the information about the headline above the table.
April 19, 1992 Seobu Office of Paengseong-eup according to Pyeongtaek-gun Ordinance 1419 (proclaimed on March 26, 1992)
June 25, 1992 Name of administrative dong (from Seobu-dong to Wonpyeong-dong) according to Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 443 (declared on June 25, 1992)
 November 26, 1992 Relocation of the City Hall building (from 35-20, Pyeongtaek-dong to 846, Bijeon-dong) according to Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 454 (declared on November 26, 1992)
 April 20, 1995 Part of Galgot-ri, Cheongho-ri, and Gohyeon-ri of Jinwi-myeon included to Daewon-dong of Osan-si (1903 lots, 1,971,227 m2) according to Presidential Creed 14269 (proclaimed on April 20, 1995)
May 10, 1995 Songtan-si, Pyeongtaek-si, and Pyeongtaek-gun removed according to Law 4948 (on the establishment of five urban-agricultural cities including Pyeongtaek-si, Gyeonggi-do) and created Pyeongtaek-si, the city and county type
April 19, 1996 Name of the administrative dong changed (from Dongbu-dong to Songtan-dong) according to Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 197 (proclaimed on April 19, 1996)
April 26, 1997
  • Legal dong name changed according to Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 253 (proclaimed on April 26, 1997)
  • Changed from Galgot-ri, Jinwi-myeon, to Galgoj-ri, Jinwi-myeon
  • Changed from Cheongyong-dong to Cheongryong-dong
October 1, 1998 Integration of dong: Songtan-dong and Dowon-dong into Songtan-dong according to Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 353 (proclaimed on October 1, 1998)

2000 ~

In the mobile environment, you can see the contents by moving left and right.

This table shows the information about the headline above the table.
August 10, 2001 Names of apartment within the jurisdiction of 59, Bijeon 2-dong changed from Jinu Hambak Park (apartment) to Sinsegye Town (apartment) according to Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 533 (proclaimed on August 10, 2001)
November 5, 2002 Anjung-myeon elevated to Anjung-eup (two eup, seven myeon, nine dongs) according to Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 585 (proclaimed on November 5, 2002)
 December 29, 2006
  • Tong/Ri/Ban adjusted (844 tong/ri to 860 tong/ri and 2670 ban) according to the Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 813 (proclaimed on December 29, 2006)
  • Poseung-myeon elevated to Poseung-eup (3 eup, 6 myeon, and 13 dongs) according to the Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 814 (proclaimed on December 29, 2006)
 November 30, 2009
  • Boundaries among eup, myeon, and tong (part of Deogu-ri of Anjung-eup to Okgil-ri, Cheongbuk-myeon: 98 lots) adjusted according to Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 963 (proclaimed on November 30, 2009)
  • Establishment of criteria for tong/ri/ban according to Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 964 (proclaimed on November 30, 2009) (Subdivision 1, Section 2, Article 3: 1500”→1000 households)
 July 31, 2015
  • Tong/ri/ban adjusted (739 tong/ri to 733 tong/ri and 3243 ban) adjusted according to Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 1266 (proclaimed on July 31, 2015)
  • Boundaries between ri adjusted according to the Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance (proclaimed on July 31, 2015)
  • New landfill site of Pyeongtaek Port → Singyeong-ri, Poseung-eup (16 lands, 164,500 m2)
  • Huigok-ri, Poseung-eup →Sinyeong-ri, Poseung-eup (25 lands, 164,650.1 m2)
  • Gung-ri, Godeok-myeon → Yeoyeom-ri, Godeok-myeon (22 lots, 26,010.0 m2)
  • Bangchuk-ri, Godeok-myeon→Yeoyeom-ri (221 lots, 260,741.0 m2)
  • Mogok-dong → Yeoyeom-ri, Godeok-myeon (27 lots, 6,062.0 m2)
  • Jangdang-dong → Yeoyeom-ri, Godeok-myeon (865 lots, 1,239,974.0 m2)
  • Jije-dong → Yeoyeom-ri, Godeok-myeon (222 lots, 374,495.0 m2)
  • Haechang-ri, Godeok-myeon →Dongcheong-ri, Godeok-myeon (15 lots, 9,009.9 m2)
 July 28, 2016 Cheongbuk-myeon elevated to Cheongbuk-eup according to PYeongtaek-si Ordinance 1360 (proclaimed on July 28, 2016)
 September 27, 2019 Tong/ri/ban adjusted, Part of Bijeon2-Dong devided to YongI-Dong established according to Pyeongtaek-si Ordinance 1717(proclaimed on September 30, 2019)
닫기